Team Leader – Trigg Major Deanery
In Trigg Major Deanery
Team Leader required for the Conventional District of Trigg Major in Truro Diocese. This is not a standard appointment and we are not looking for a standard priest. The post offers the opportunity of building up a team of ordained and lay ministers to serve across the whole deanery. The Conventional District is a temporary measure to allow appointments to be made across benefice boundaries, and will cease to exist once pastoral reorganisation is complete. This is an exciting position which require the post holder to have pastoral responsibility for 5 rural the parishes and a shared responsibility within the town of Launceston, and in due course to serve as Rural Dean. The ‘Team Leader’ will play a role in establishing the new patterns for ministering across the deanery, and in the appointment of the subsequent two deanery posts. Please refer to accompanying documents for further background information.
The prerequisites for this post are:
• A deeply spiritual, faithful and creative priest, who has experienced challenges and made the most of opportunities in ministry
• Ability to minister in a mixed environment covering rural areas and market towns
• Vision for the nurturing and development of small congregations
• A proven ability to lead through change in a collaborative style, and to oversee the administration of a complex organisational structure (ideally within a deanery setting);
• A priest who is enabling and motivating, focused on giving prayerful direction
• Able to develop community interaction and communication, as well as identifying and establishing new ministries
• Experience and enjoyment of leading worship in a wide range of settings and styles
• Proven missional energy and the ability to lead churches in outward directions
• An attractive and natural ability to communicate matters of faith in a wide variety of ways
Ideally, we would also like the post holder to have a ‘specialism’ which they might share and enable others in, such as worship, ministry with children and families, pastoral work, or discipleship.
For more details and/or an application form, please get in touch with Archdeacon Audrey via email@example.com
Closing date is noon on 7th January.
The appointment is subject to Enhanced DBS.
- Application closing date
- 7 January 2019
- Interview date
- Parish visit
- 22 January 2019
- Application documents