Vacancy in See of St Germans
The desire to appoint a new Bishop of St Germans should be seen entirely within the context of The Rt Revd Philip Mounstephen, Bishop of Truro’s five priorities for the diocese as set out in the paper below.
The nomination and appointment of the next Bishop of St Germans is made by, and through, the Diocesan Bishop, supported by a Bishop’s Advisory Group.
Bishop Philip Mounstephen has invited the following to be members of the group:
- The Venerable Paul Bryer, Archdeacon of Cornwall
- The Venerable Audrey Elkington, Archdeacon of Bodmin
- Mrs Sally Piper, Head of Ministry & Accompanied Ministry Development
- Mrs Esther Pollard, Diocesan Secretary
- Dr Mike Todd, Chair of the House of Laity
- Revd Canon Jem Thorold, Chair of the House of Clergy
- The Revd Steve Wild, Chair, Cornwall Methodist District
- Mr Anthony Archer, General Synod and Crown Nominations Commission (External Member)
A Statement of Needs produced during the Vacancy in See in 2017/18 provides helpful background information on the Diocese of Truro.